- This event has passed.
Healing Loss w/ Dr. Jim Kwako
September 6 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Unity of Santa Barbara’s “Vibrant Living Series” continues with Dr. Jim Kwako as he presents, “HEALING LOSS – How To Heal The Loss Of A Loved One And How Those Who Leave Us Heal Us”, on Wednesday, September 6th at 7 PM. Tickets are $20 each or 2 for $35. VIP seating is also available for $38. Click here to register.
Death is a transition from this life to the next one. Near death studies of ordinary people and the skills of extraordinary people have established guidelines for how to understand the continuity of life. In this class you will learn ways to prepare for death, evaluate the stories of those who report what happens to those who die, and how to heal from the loss of a loved one.
The main points of discussion:
1. No one dies alone – family and friends on the other side are there when we pass.
2. We live after we die – we review our life, learn about the progress made and what is next to do.
3. Help is always available – ask and you shall receive is a basic principle of life.
4. The key to dying well is to live well – our conscience can be our guide.
5. The same principles that heal the loss of a loved one apply to loss of many kinds – accept, forgive, cherish and build again.
Brief bio: Jim Kwako is a practicing family physician, specializing in integrative and holistic medicine. He is an instructor at the School of Extended Learning and a minister of The International Science of Mind Church for Spiritual Healing. He is author of Mobilizing Your Healing Power and Healing Loss.